Author Topic: Something Needs to be Done :I  (Read 4026 times)

Kitzy2011

• Foo: +14/-9
  • Guitarist.
    • Instagram
Something Needs to be Done :I
« on: March 24, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »
Hey guys. It's Kitz.
If you didn't notice.
Anyway. Something needs to be done. I evidently don't know what, but honestly I'd like your opinions. As of late I've had little or no resolve, and hardly any interest, in playing on the server.
That's weird for me.
A lot of the regulars have seemingly disappeared. I've also heard from many that they're experiencing the same problems I am, with disinterest.
Whenever I check in, or on the server site, it seems very few are online. (maybe I'm just looking at the wrong time, who knows).
With that said, it's apparent something needs to change, as this community doesn't need to die.
I'd like something to be done before we lose more people :c
Art is the weapon.

Waylon8tor

• Foo: +0/-0
  • SSSS.ME's official drummer
Re: Something Needs to be Done :I
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
I agree. By "stalking" IRC and checking the website, I've noticed a severe lack of activity on the server. I've mostly only seen new people who get on for a bit, then get off, and I never see them again. And like you, I've seen that regulars aren't getting on as much anymore. Something needs to be done about this. Interest in the server needs to be renewed in some way. Unfortunately, at the moment, the only way I see that happening is through a map reset, which will most likely come about when 1.8 comes out...sometime in May. I'd certainly hate to see this place get abandoned and shut down, as nowadays, it's the only server I ever play on. :(
I couldn't think of a signature, so here's Google Gravity: http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google-gravity/

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 04:17:03 PM »
New games come out, greater interest in other games, lack of frequent updates in minecraft, lack of new players because this game is getting pretty old
and anyone worth playing the game with is stuck to a server, like our community. I for one haven't played because I've been preparing for Reaper of Souls (Diablo III expansion)

wwolf5

• Foo: +3/-1
  • ~Lupus non domari~
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »
Hey yeah, sorry about that...
You know,
Track and all.
Life sucks.
But we all have one. Some of us just get caught up in it.
~Bby please don't goo!~

sidlo (ChaChaman87)

• Foo: +4/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:31:42 AM »
Tibs turned of factions and pvp months ago, why didn't you object to the direction the server was going then?. We don't need any more map resets. If you can't keep yourself occupied for more than a month in one map, that's your problem. I for one, would like to build more than a house. The traffic of the server doesn't matter, and you really think the server will be shut down? Tibs pays the bills with his own money since he doesn't get many donations.

I completely understand where you're coming from, but reseting the map once a month will do the opposite of bringing back the regulars. The reason they're regulars is because they're able to last long on a map, everyone else leaves after they build a house. Yeah, a new map may bring more players back for one more month but then we would back to the same exact position as we are in now.

I also agree with Fudge, I mean, a whole new generation of consoles were just released. There're tons of new games like Titanfall and Infamous Second Son.

Yukiiro_Nite

• Foo: +11/-3
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:39:56 AM »
Well, the tl;dr of all of this is, people are getting bored. People are not seeing enough to do. We must do something to liven the server up. We could, for example, do some role playing, acting of sorts. Or we could do some sort of story or adventure like Kthegame set up.

I think the important thing to take away from this is, we need to get together and do something, whatever that may be. we've already built houses, and that's fine.

what we need to do is something together,
something that will take time,
and take people,
and skill,

Something we can enjoy together,
to defend ourselves from boredom,
for the sake of our friends,
for the sake of the noobs,
for the sake of the server.

Let's make something grand,
something massive,
something cool,
something useful.

-we could make a wall around the entire world
-from there we could turn the entire world into a castle / city

Anyone else have suggestions?

sidlo (ChaChaman87)

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 07:42:31 PM »
I like the idea of a community build, but something grand and massive will never get done because people will get bored of it after a week. Maybe just everybody contributes to the spawn area to make it more of a town than just 4 plots and a square.

littlewill4

• no regrets.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 01:47:41 PM »
I agree with what Yuki said about building a city/castle together. When new players join the server they often leave and never come back. But if we had something unique such as a castle/town, it may give the new players something to stick around for.
-Little

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 05:24:43 PM »
From what has become more of a psychological point of view than an experiential one lately, turning on PVP will greatly improve things. No matter how much stuff I, the player, build, I will eventually grow bored. I can build a huge castle on this server, but really, only a few people(5-15 max) will see it. I might as well do the same thing on creative SSP. But with PVP, all bets are off. There is no way in SSP that I can ambush someone and get two full stacks of diamonds, but this is definitely possible with PVP. Also, PVP allows for respectful (damn, he's good) relationships to be built between players that foster emotional connections that will encourage players to stay on the server.

Yukiiro_Nite

• Foo: +11/-3
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:47 PM »
I agree completely with turning pvp back on. I feel like most of the players on the server would prefer it back on just to have something new to do. The problem is, Tibs has sole control of the server, so he has to want to change it, let alone have time to do so.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »
I apologize for being afk.

server version 1.7.5
pvp=true
difficulty=3

Please don't destroy everything

also shop is broken
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:56:08 AM by Tibsfox »

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 01:11:44 AM »
To think I was planning on getting paragon 200 on Diablo 3 before the end of this month ;w;

sidlo (ChaChaman87)

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 05:46:03 PM »
Do we have the same map? Can't get online for the next week or so.

Waylon8tor

• SSSS.ME's official drummer
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
Do we have the same map? Can't get online for the next week or so.
Yep. Same map.
I couldn't think of a signature, so here's Google Gravity: http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google-gravity/

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2014, 07:31:30 PM »
Do we have an approximate timeline of what is going to be done? New map or old map, when the shop'll be up?