Author Topic: Server down what do  (Read 822 times)

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
Server down what do
« on: August 19, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
Server has been down since approx. 7:30 pst, so it's been about 15 minutes.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
Re: Server down what do
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 09:59:16 PM »
The whole server crashed. So early this morning there was a server, whole server, crash and an issue with the disk. It's been a long while since it rebooted and the script that brings the minecraft servers up had a bug in it so they failed to start. I *thought* I had fixed the bug, outdated paths, but it was still buggy. The server crashed again, what you posted about, and the minecraft servers didn't start. I now have fix the start scripts, and tested them more thoroughly, so the next crash everything will restart correctly. I have a feeling the disk is going bad or there is some other hardware issue. Of course this comes up 4 days before I leave for burning man. I'll grab snapshots of the current maps and db tonight to be safe if things go south quickly. I hope the pos can hold together for a couple weeks because I really don't have time to deal with this right now. Sorry, I will do my best to keep things stable but I really need folks to be patient with this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:41:32 PM by Tibsfox »

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
Re: Server down what do
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:12 AM »
Yeah I figured it was a hardware error or a startup script error, considering the lengthy amount of downtime. I'm glad to see we're still #2 in uptime on Minecraftservers.net

I hope everything goes well for us and for yourself and Burning Man, have  fun tibs and thanks.