Author Topic: Mod Request: Combat Log  (Read 1903 times)

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
Mod Request: Combat Log
« on: January 24, 2013, 11:54:54 PM »
Players logging off during combat seems to be a big problem in the server. We had a plugin to prevent this in the past, but for reasons unknown the plugin was removed. I believe the reason for this was the plugin used was abandoned by the author, so I searched for a new one. This one works similarly to the old plugin. When player A attacks player B, player B is tagged for ten seconds, this tag refreshes everytime player A attacks player B. If player B logs off while tagged, his/her body will be turned into an NPC with the same skin, name, inventory, health, armour that when killed, will drop player B's inventory.

I hope for tibs to add this plugin to the server, as it will encourage people to start fighting back more instead of just logging out.

Plugin link: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/combat-tag/

sSLacKeR

• Foo: +3/-3
  • The Villain you love to hate.
Re: Mod Request: Combat Log
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:04:32 AM »
I agree this plugin is essential to prevent people from escaping pvp.
The Villain you love to hate.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:29 AM »
We use to have this, I remember having some issues with it and removed it.

Will give it a try again.

tag time 90 seconds.

Fudge

• OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:19 PM »
I remember having some issues with it and removed it.

Issues server-wide? Or the fact that noobs always got tagged and went to spawn and logged off and there were dozens of tagged people in spawn lol

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »
I'd vote for a tag time less than 90 seconds, it seems more likely that player A will kill player B, get his stuff, and log out while remaining tagged.

Yukiiro_Nite

• Foo: +11/-3
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 05:39:29 AM »
You see Ian, that is exactly why the tag is so long. It is very aggravating for a player to just log out with your stuff with no chance at redemption. With this longer tag, one is allowed to chase their enemies.

sSLacKeR

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 09:48:14 AM »
Tibs is possible to add something that lets you know if you are tagged, as well as notifying you that you are no longer tagged? If so would you please add it?

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »
Tibs is possible to add something that lets you know if you are tagged, as well as notifying you that you are no longer tagged? If so would you please add it?
This might be nice, but also a feature to have a combat logger despawn after a period of being offline would be handy as well. 120 Seconds perhaps?

sSLacKeR

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 12:40:21 PM »
This might be nice, but also a feature to have a combat logger despawn after a period of being offline would be handy as well. 120 Seconds perhaps?

That would be interesting i already picture players defending there Logged buddies for 120 seconds. If this is possible id say 200 seconds would be better (in my opinion) only because if someone loggs in an area not easily accessible / heavily guarded you have a bit more time to get in.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01:11 PM »

Does it not say something when you hit someone, also keep in mind these are mods, not things I created.

Fudge

• OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 03:04:43 PM »

Does it not say something when you hit someone, also keep in mind these are mods, not things I created.
This may be in the config file, but if it isn't I'll go ahead and look for another plugin that does have this.

Fudge

• OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
I found this out right now

/ct or /combattag = Check your remaining tag time