Author Topic: Form of TP still available with feathers.  (Read 1249 times)

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
Form of TP still available with feathers.
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:12:35 PM »
It has come to my attention that there is a form of instant teleportation that exists on our server, which is used by right click 10 feathers in your inventory. This can be spammed, and used whenever the user pleases, which makes it wrong. People may argue that you can teleport with ender pearls, but ender pearls take time to move you somewhere, and the enemy can pursue you, leaving you in danger, whereas the feathers teleport you to your faction home, which gives you the advantage of taking less damage and being safer.  I do not know whether this ability was enabled intentionally, or if Tibs just did not know about it. I ask for it to be removed as teleporting is traditionally removed on this server because of possible exploits cause by teleporting, and using it as an instant form of escaping a PvP battle, which is highly frowned upon be us.

(slacker informed me about it since firecore used this on him and it seemed cheap)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:38:42 PM by Fudge »

sSLacKeR

• Foo: +3/-3
  • The Villain you love to hate.
Re: Form of TP still available with feathers.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »
I agree that it should be removed people are just using it to escape pvp even easier then do /spawn or /home because they dont even have to type. this is my opinion on the matter>
The Villain you love to hate.

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:25:11 PM »
(slacker informed me about it since firecore used this on him and it seemed cheap)
This is funny, considering slacker did it to me.

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:23:53 AM »
I wonder if a 5-10 second wait could be added.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
This sounds like chimera wing, that use to be disabled but something must have changed to allow it again. Will look into it later tonight.

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 03:24:37 PM »
It is, I've been using it for a while, it only works when there is open air above you.