Author Topic: 1.3 =D  (Read 1869 times)

Undead4evar

• Foo: +4/-7
1.3 =D
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »
http://www.mojang.com/2012/07/minecraft-1-3-info-snapshot-w27/

Looks like 1.3 is going to be BIG!!! Anyways, my question is; Is the server going to be updated when 1.3 comes out, or is it going to stay 1.2.5? If it is going to stay I would suggest  Making A  Backup Of Your 1.2.5 .Jar.
Xx-EmO_kOaLa_xX

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
Re: 1.3 =D
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 01:13:27 PM »
I recommend keeping a backup of your 1.2.5, typically we wait to switch to the newest version of MC until bukkit is updated

FightingIrishND

• Foo: +0/-6
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
Will the server be resetting?
Notre Dame!

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 03:56:28 PM »
Typically it goes like this..

New Release comes out, everything breaks.
Everyone bitches.
I put the server on vanilla until bukkit and the mods become stable on the new version.
Everyone bitches.
People don't understand what is going on and freak out.
Everyone bitches.
New players think the server is always like this.
Everyone bitches.
Bukkit becomes stable and a majority of the mods are updated. I switch fp back on replacing vanilla server.
Everyone bitches.
New players that thought it was like vanilla get upset.
Everyone bitches.
Some mods are abandoned and never get updated for the next release
Everyone bitches.
The next release comes out.
Everyone bitches.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:00:43 PM by Tibsfox »

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 04:23:31 PM »
Typically it goes like this..

New Release comes out, everything breaks.
Everyone bitches.
I put the server on vanilla until bukkit and the mods become stable on the new version.
Everyone bitches.
People don't understand what is going on and freak out.
Everyone bitches.
New players think the server is always like this.
Everyone bitches.
Bukkit becomes stable and a majority of the mods are updated. I switch fp back on replacing vanilla server.
Everyone bitches.
New players that thought it was like vanilla get upset.
Everyone bitches.
Some mods are abandoned and never get updated for the next release
Everyone bitches.
The next release comes out.
Everyone bitches.
Sounds about right.

Bitch number 1(not at the newest version yet, because bukkit isn't up to date): wtf? Why don't we have 1.3? fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 2(tibs stops waiting for bukkit, so he puts the server in vanilla): wtf? Why don't we have mods? fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 3(newest update has new changes to the actual map generation, so the map is reset to make use of them): wtf? all my shit is gone. fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 4(bukkit is in dev mode, and has completely wrecked other servers' databases): wtf? other servers have mods, why can't we? fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 5(bukkit is finally working, map gets reset again because vanilla is the wild west and crazy shit was happening): wtf? all my shit is gone again. fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 6(some mods that people kinda used sometimes are gone): wtf? my lwc isn't working?! how can I protect my shit?! fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 7(new mods get installed to compensate for old mods being gone): wtf? i liked the old mod better, why can't we have that? fuck this server! /ragequit
Bitch number 8(lots of people left over the course of ignorance, impatience, immaturity and stupidity) wtf? no one plays here, you should make it a grief/arena/anarchy server! fuck this server! /ragequit

I have heard each one of these bitches personally, pretty much every time Minecraft updates. (slightly modified for comedic effect)

prufish

• Foo: +17/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 03:21:00 AM »
Indeed. I haven't tried any of the snapshots along the way. So when it drops it will be nice to check out all the new stuff added. I have been paying attention to the changelog though, and I like a lot of what i have read. The ender chest will be interesting and we can finally do netherwart farms in the overworld.

Laenaria

• Foo: +5/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
Sounds like all the MMOs I've played. 'This patch broke more things than it fixed QQ T.T'

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 02:03:57 PM »
Sounds like all the MMOs I've played. 'This patch broke more things than it fixed QQ T.T'
Yes
The ender chest will be interesting and we can finally do netherwart farms in the overworld.
Yes