Author Topic: /f home  (Read 4070 times)

FightingIrishND

• Foo: +0/-6
/f home
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »
I have been wondering why theres no /f home? When the server was first made I know there was /f home. I'm guessing the teleporting thing can get you out of a fight quickly etc but I may have a solution. I think a factions should be able to buy a faction home for 5mil and eveytime you use /f home it costs you something like 50k or something. Someone plz get back to me on the reason there's no faction home and if you like my possible solution, thx! FightingIrishND
Notre Dame!

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
Re: /f home
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 10:54:33 PM »
/f home has been disabled due to rampant exploitation.

a cost of 5 mil and 50k per use is miniscule in comparison to the amount of money saved instead of dying.

It has been abused, it would be abused. There's no reason for it.

Faction home is just another TP that gets abused. If you want to live 10000+ blocks away from spawn, then you need to be willing to accept that it's going to be hard to get there. I don't think that having faction homes on is a good idea.

FightingIrishND

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »
You could make it so it takes 3sec to tp if your not moving or taking damage. This would make it so you couldnt escape a fight. And you can also make it so you can't tp within 100 blocks of an enemy or enemy faction, so if you set it up this way you wouldn't be able to exploit
Notre Dame!

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 12:27:16 PM »
I find your base, it is really far away. I create a faction nearby, then invite all my asshole friends. They all f home, you suddenly have army of doucebags attacking you.

Also when I had multiverse setup people were using f home to skip to the last world. You only needed one person to make it.

FightingIrishND

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Well tp stop that from happening you would make creating a faction home a lot of money and charge a lot to tp to your faction home. This would keep people from using it excessively and eliminate your senario almost completely
Notre Dame!

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »
It's called dying idiot. As soon as you make a faction home, it's automatically your spawn point. You die, you spawn there.

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
Instead of complaining about the lack of faction home players would instead complain about the cost. Which would need to be upwards of 10mil per use for it to be enough of a deterrent.

"If you give a mouse a cookie..."

However, why do we need /f home anyway? What purpose does it serve?

FightingIrishND

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »
Fudge ur stupid u can spawn in ur fac with a bed
Notre Dame!

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »
What fudge is taking about is this:

Example scenario :
Fudge makes a faction
Fudge does /f sethome
Fudge invites me to his faction in BFE(bum fuck Egypt, aka middle of nowhere)
I commit suicide
I am now at fudge's faction home.
I buy all the things and raid the nearest faction who fudge conveniently setup base near.

FightingIrishND

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2012, 09:22:20 AM »
If you made the cost very expensive people wouldn't waste all their money to raid but they would to get back to their faction
Notre Dame!

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06:04 AM »
You have not addressed the major points presented here which greatly outweigh anything you've brought to the table.

Why do we need /f home anyway? What purpose does it serve?

How are you planning to defeat my example scenario below?

Example scenario :
Fudge makes a faction
Fudge does /f sethome
Fudge invites me to his faction in BFE(bum fuck Egypt, aka middle of nowhere)
I commit suicide
I am now at fudge's faction home.
I buy all the things and raid the nearest faction who fudge conveniently setup base near.

Fudge

• OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
Fighting irish you are stupid, you have no idea what you are talking about. It isn't fucking hard to make money on this server, just mine a stack of iron and you have 2~ mil idiot. Along the way you will find diamonds and gold and lapis. 10 stacks of wheat will get you 1 mil. It isn't hard to get money. You are just a noob that want's to teleport when lost. There will never be teleportation on this server. As for /f sethome I already explained that all you have to do is die to get there for free. Don't bring up "you can make it cost a lot" money is not an issue.

/thread.

FightingIrishND

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:09 PM »
Stfu fudge ur obviously the noob, you got robbed and have a weak ass poor faction,  so don't give me that shit, my fac is 20x better than yours
Notre Dame!

Fudge

• OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
Coming from the one that used x-ray, you're calling me a noob. Give me your coordinates and I will rape your faction by myself.

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
Coming from the one that used x-ray, you're calling me a noob. Give me your coordinates and I will rape your faction by myself.

Not to exasperate the pissing contest, but give anyone your coordinates and they will get you.

Also, as to Rowen's example senario, it would happen regardless of whether sethome existed, it would just be intensified.