Author Topic: Improved Faction Raiding  (Read 2344 times)

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
Improved Faction Raiding
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:46 PM »
This is a mod to allow the destruction of obsidian via TNT.

I think that having obsidian be indestructible defeats the purpose of having factions in the first place: faction war/PVP

It will also make faction PVP that much more exciting and interesting, instead of who can make the most impenetrable base with obsidian.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:46:29 PM by Rowen2003 »

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
Re: Improved Faction Raiding
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 05:18:58 PM »
Instead of down-voting me like a jackass, why don't you at least post a comment and discuss this?

FightingIrishND

• Foo: +0/-6
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 10:18:50 PM »
I disagree with TNT being able to destroy obsidian but I think starting a faction should cost less and I think each chunk of land should only cost 100k, this would keep factions on their toes and make faction warfare more intense high staked and fun.
Notre Dame!

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 10:42:29 PM »
I posted this on the forums so that people would discuss this, instead of be childish and down-vote me w/o any thought. Way to go.

I disagree with TNT being able to destroy obsidian
Why do you disagree with it?

Here is the res VS factions debate Where we covered the pros and cons of each mod, which essentially boiled down to: faction war and PVP.

If you guys don't want faction war, then perhaps we should switch back to using res

but I think starting a faction should cost less and I think each chunk of land should only cost 100k, this would keep factions on their toes and make faction warfare more intense high staked and fun.
Here is why factions costs a lot of money.

iancj

• Foo: +8/-8
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 07:11:20 AM »
I think that having obsidian be indestructible defeats the purpose of having factions in the first place: faction war/PVP

It will also make faction PVP that much more exciting and interesting, instead of who can make the most impenetrable base with obsidian.

Well, having it be easily breakable defeats the purpose of obsidian. Perhaps somehow set obsidian's blast resistance to 100?

Laenaria

• Foo: +5/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 10:54:02 AM »
If there is a way to make Obsidian take multiple hits that would be best, but for TnT to cut through Obsidian like butter would be kind of silly; though it's pointless to use factions if bases can be made impenetrable by constructing ugly obsidian structures.

I think the price of land is fine. It's already pretty cheap compared to how easy it is to earn money. What needs to be changed is how power works. I think that power should slowly decay over time - if logged out - so that inactive factions can be taken over and cleansed.

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 02:23:32 PM »
With configurable Blast Resistance you can make it so that TNT blows up obsidian, but it might require several TNT to blow open a hole large enough to enter.

Fudge

• Foo: +30/-24
  • OFWGKTA
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 05:32:59 PM »
This server is supposed to be a PvP oriented faction server. What it has turned into is a server filled with obsidian bases that you can't get into, therefore completely killing the excitement of faction wars.

"Own a factions server? Tired of players making their fortresses nearly impossible to raid because of Obsidian? Well I'm here to help! This plugin allows your players to use TnT to destroy, remove and mine Obsidian. Enjoy."

Obby Destruct is a needed plugin for this server, as obsidian bases have made factions just another protection plugin.

I have extensively tested this plugin on my local server and obsidian still has a decent blast resistance with the default setting, it's a tad bit more resistant to Brick (block)

The only configs in the plugin are durability of obby : default being 2

and chance of drop: default 0