Author Topic: Suggestions For Multiverse.  (Read 1435 times)

potpot

• Foo: +0/-3
Suggestions For Multiverse.
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »
Ill post a list of suggestions for adjusting the mods and setup for current server. Make your own,  promote or trash  suggestions here.

Disable the cowpath - world no.6 mainly but maybe also on 4 and 5. I dont like the mod personally and having it on 6 is ruining any building strategies.

Reseting locks - making a "reset all locks" command would help people manage their locations better when there is a lot of traveling and moving on a multiverse.

Factions only - making the only protection method work similar to /res, with costs relative to members and claimed slots. also /ps gives any addtional protection as well as /lock so  /res is obsolete if factions can work in a similar way. also /res duration for 3 days for players is way to low

/res  duration -  /res duration for 3 days for players is way to low. At least 7 days or maybe a little more.

Ink - add ink to the shoplist

Resource management - This is probably beeing looked into but i will write it anyway. Cutting down on Nether worlds, perhaps only have one inworld no2 or no 5. world no 3 should be removed completely.
Removing or circumsize addons to use minimal resource. You get the idea.

Mod ingame chat - Funneling the global fp chat to moderators so they do not have to be constantly readin IRC to be able to help out with all the smart questions being  posted in the first worlds.

thats it?

potpot

• Foo: +0/-3
Re: Suggestions For Multiverse.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:09:13 AM »
Mod ingame chat -  i see there is a global chat but it doesnt relay like i suggested, maybe it could do that or add a new channel that does.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:32:36 AM »
Disable the cowpath - world no.6 mainly but maybe also on 4 and 5. I dont like the mod personally and having it on 6 is ruining any building strategies.

- meh.. I like cow paths, its all or nothing, the mod doesn't support different configurations for different worlds.

-- before the rest of this, I just want to say this game rewards those who take the time to learn and study how it works.

Reseting locks - making a "reset all locks" command would help people manage their locations better when there is a lot of traveling and moving on a multiverse.

- yeah lock is meh.. keep track of your locks the mod doesn't do it for you. Factions provides locks but you need to trust your faction members. LWC, really any chest locking tool, even factions, YOU just need to remember where you put your shit. WorldGuard can provide chest protection, but I dont want 100% chest protection in the pvp worlds. Use shop effectively you don't really need many chests, a few and your fine. World has no chest locks, only PS. Learn to use PS.

Factions only - making the only protection method work similar to /res, with costs relative to members and claimed slots. also /ps gives any addtional protection as well as /lock so  /res is obsolete if factions can work in a similar way. also /res duration for 3 days for players is way to low

- I would rather dump factions all together, it's outdated, its currently built against 733, the current rec build is 766.
   Factions doesn't have any way to tie into iConomy and would require hackish methods to make it work that way.
   Towny would be better but requires the most recent version of iConomy which is not compatible with dynamic market.
   I was much happier with /arg but it has no limits, or anything its just ffa.
   Using worldguard to define regions for safe places is most effective, but conflicts with factions, also requires a moderator, /res gives everyone the ability to create a worldguard region.
   mcmmo provides a party ability
   there is a stand alone /party mod

I think as time goes on and people get used to the new worlds and the way things work, things will start to settle in. We should use world guard to create some large permanent settlements in some of the non pvp worlds for people to live and build.

/res  duration -  /res duration for 3 days for players is way to low. At least 7 days or maybe a little more.

- Res could be adjusted, and probably will be, its expensive and short while people thrash around on it and get used to it. Moderators and mod-mods have
longer and less expensive leases.

Ink - add ink to the shoplist

- all the dyes are in the shop:

351, 0, IncSac
351, 1, RoseRed
351, 2, CactusGreen
351, 3, CocoaBeans
351, 4, LapisLazuli
351, 5, PurpleDye
351, 6, CyanDye
351, 7, LightGrayDye
351, 8, GrayDye
351, 9, PinkDye
351, 10, LimeDye
351, 11, YellowDye
351, 12, LightBlueDye
351, 13, MagentaDye
351, 14, OrangeDye
351, 15, BoneMeal

Resource management - This is probably beeing looked into but i will write it anyway. Cutting down on Nether worlds, perhaps only have one inworld no2 or no 5. world no 3 should be removed completely.
Removing or circumsize addons to use minimal resource. You get the idea.

- I'm constantly hacking on the server to make it run better.

Mod ingame chat - Funneling the global fp chat to moderators so they do not have to be constantly readin IRC to be able to help out with all the smart questions being  posted in the first worlds.

- meh.. people need to learn the use the chat better. #fp is the global dumping ground for chat, it just works best this way, there probably are other ways but.. The game moderators, I have asked to learn to use IRC for a reason, it is much easier to help someone with irc than to do it in game. You can be in the help channel on irc, and when someone in game joins that channel for help, etc..
I have chat setup this way to have the newbs be in the same channel and need to learn some basic /ch commands to leave. This gives the rest of us some peace.

all in game chat goes to irc #fp
with the exception of
[staff] (mod/admin only chat)
[h]help (goes to irc #help)

---
change channel focus, the channel your talking in with the /ch command followed by the nickname for the channel, the letter inside the [brackets]

/ch g
would make you talk in the global channel

use /leave to leave a channel, ex: /leave pvp1
use /join to join a channel, ex: /join pvp

these are the standard channels.

[g] global channel - all worlds
  [p] pvp channel - all pvp worlds
  [h] help channel - all worlds
  [p1] pvp1 + nether
  [p2] pvp2 + nether
  [p3] pvp3 + nether
  [e] exp + nether
  [w] world  + nether
   bld + nether

-

thats it?

-- that's never it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 08:46:26 AM by Tibsfox »

tacitusk

• Foo: +2/-13
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 06:50:31 PM »
The way the economy works it will eventually lead to massive deflation as every time an item is traded money is removed from the economy, add that to the other expenses and it's even worse.

The only way for money to enter the economy is by adding new items or arbitrarily raising the prices.

One thing that would help players is on ores is not to have them sold in stacks of 64, because I don't think many players are going to spend the time to acquire 64 diamond blocks.

Perhaps an idea for next time is to have a peg commodity that never changes price, like gold, and have all other commodities start very cheap over time as players mined gold more money would slowly enter the economy to allow for a natural rise in prices.

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:29:04 PM »
There will be ways to earn money added, rewards and such. Also each hour iConomy adds 1-3% interest. Right now I have been just working on getting the prices level so that I can manipulate prices to add money to the global economy.

Reckliss

• Foo: +3/-0
  • Meh.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:39:39 PM »
I just had a thought.

Maybe you could figure out a way to hook up the locking system with iConomy.
Make people pay to sustain locks. As though it were a safety deposit box. You should pay for the convenience of protecting your items.
Like a daily tax on locks.