Author Topic: iConomy, Towny, Monster Hunts  (Read 1107 times)

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
iConomy, Towny, Monster Hunts
« on: March 01, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »
I'm confused on the integration of towny and iConomy. Maybe I'm configuring my towns wrong, but claiming blocks has an initial cost followed by a recurring cost of coins. The only known way (to me, after asking tibs) of acquiring coins is by trading new players who start with coins. What I see here is a money sink, without a way to really replenish the money. Eventually, the amount of new players we get will fade and we'll be left with no money to pay for the blocks we have claimed, which will cause towny to be worthless, followed immediately by iConomy. I like the idea of purchasing land for coins; I just think there needs to be a way to acquire money from other means than trading players. I think monster hunt would be an acceptable solution; awarding each participating member coins proportional to what they kill + a bonus for getting the most (or a top 3 style award). If that is the case, could we enable begin hunts with only 1 participant; and only initiate ranked hunts with 5+ hunters? (bonus rewards can be things like diamond, and various other rare materials)

Thoughts, comments, corrections?

Tibsfox

• Administrator
  • Foo: +73/-0
Re: iConomy, Towny, Monster Hunts
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
atm I am not even sure towny is working with iConomy correctly and Monster Hunt working with iConomy is iffy atm, all mods need updates.

But they will work soon I hope, after that I will look at ways to allow players to generate coins for themselves.

There is much balancing needed, but things need to work first. My statement about new players being the only source of coins in incorrect, as you acquire interest on your holdings. The rate will need to be adjusted to be reasonable.

Rowen2003

• Global Moderator
  • Foo: +43/-9
Re: iConomy, Towny, Monster Hunts
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »
Thank you for response = D I greatly look forward to the future of this server!